Wednesday, August 03, 2005

Condo Can Do!

We did it! We MADE AN OFFER on the condo! Holy crap!!! We're supposed to hear back by 9pm tonight if they're going to accept it or counter-offer. If I have a chance I'll post an update after we hear back, but as we'll be preparing to leave tomorrow morning for our trip down to Florida to attend the wedding of Theron's brother Chad, it might have to wait until next week. Can you say "cliffhanger"? ;-)

*UPDATE*

the condo

WE GOT IT!!!
WOO-HOO!!!

The inspection is to be held Wednesday 8/10 and if all goes well the closing date is 9/6.
Unbelievable how fast it's all going...kind of like having a baby!

*UPDATE #2*

The inspection went well and we'll be signing the PNS (or is it P&S? too much daggum house buying jargon ricocheting around my brain these days to be sure) agreement either tonight (8/12) or tomorrow and the closing date has been reset for 9/15.

Any volunteer movers going to be available around then perchance? We promise to provide food and beverages although they may be just pizza and beer :)

16 comments:

Sean said...

Woo! My fingers are crossed for you!

River Mom said...

FANTASTIC! Fingers and toes are crossed for ya!

Josh said...

That's great! When I was buying a car last year and haggling with the dealer, I remember the strange and exhilirating feeling of instantly spending thousands of dollars that I didn't even have (or considered having, must less spending), just by initialing a number and waiting for a response. You guy must have had that times 20!

Bama Brian said...

Congrats! Very exciting. Keep us posted.

Hoping to make it up sometime this fall to see Grandma. Would love to see you guys too.

Redpanda said...

Holy potential condo, batman!

Hey, it's 9:20...hmm...should I call to find out what happened? Oh, the dilemma....

River Mom ;o) said...

Tune in next week for the next instalment of..."As the Condo Turns"

Redpanda said...

Wooooo!!!

I can now stop clicking "reload" from my desk at work. :)

Paige said...

Sorry, I couldn't resist making everyone sweat a little, tee hee!

Bama Brian said...

So today's the day you find out the condo was built out of cardboard and duct tape?

Aredubya said...

Much excitement, folks! I'm hugely psyched to have y'all in the area long-term. Hope the inspection went well.

sbwsmp@yahoo.com said...

Hey, can you use a nice dining room set? I'm SO excited for you. Malden is right down the strrt...do I see some sylie-sitting coming my way? Please, please???? Maaa (AntSue)

Paige said...

There will definitely be opportunites for Sylvie sitting... and quite soon! Like in a few weeks when we are moving maybe?

Redpanda said...

I volunteer Sean to help carry stuff and me to volunteer Sean to help carry stuff... :)

Chloe said...

Sweet! Rich & I can definitely help with the moving of stuff.

Now you'll be 20 minutes and 90 cents away from me by bus. I'll have to drop by and ask to borrow a cup of sugar or something...

River Mom said...

WONDERFUL..Seems like only a few months ago Dad and I were doing this kind of thing...

If Rand & Alayna don't want Sue's set and you might,it's got a nicer hutch then our old one but our old one is small enough to go into a kitchen too if you have room. You could even paint it if you wanted to (our old one that is) I wouldn't mind mom's old Hutch myself if no one else does BUT I would want the corner unit two one of these days...

Sean said...

Hey, I didn't need to be volunteered! I was going to volunteer myself! Consider me there!

We also have 2 tables you might be interested in, so we shall discuss later. :)

Also, I just did the manly thing and bought lots of tools, so if you need to saw or drill anything, give a call. Amanda would prefer I practice someplace other than our house.

Congratulations! Please call if you need anything!