Thursday, September 15, 2005

The deed is done...

...and the deed is ours!!! The signing began at 10:30 this morning and lasted for about an hour and a half all told. Kinda scary signing all of those legal papers that we didn't really have time to read and wouldn't have fully understood anyway if we had. Our savings cushion has taken a hit and although we're still covered financially should any emergencies arise...(what's the emoticon for warding off the evil eye?)... I am SO looking forward to the (supposedly) huge tax refund we're supposed to get next year!

Thanks to everyone for your support during our search and especially to those who'll be helping us move in. Give us a few weeks to get settled in and then visitors will be more than welcome!!!

7 comments:

Redpanda said...

Hey--congrats!

Redpanda said...

If ya'll need to chill in a place with no, er, that is, LESS boxes, feel free to come by anytime! Although I can't promise that my dingo won't try to eat your baby again. :)

Sean said...

Yeah, we're practically neighbors now! I'll make sure to have a cup of sugar ready for you.

Chloe said...

No way Hussey, you stole my line! I'm a mere 426 bus ride away...

erika said...

yay! welcome to the fun!

Doah said...

Hello Sweetness,

Can you email me your new address, so's I can send you summat?

Thanks and CONGRATS!

Suz said...

All I wanted to do was leave a comment. Thought that took some learning. NOW I have a "blog". ergs. Anyway, house looks great!

Love suz