Thursday, September 01, 2005

A good cause

I'm putting the word out that my good friend and co-worker is participating in a run to raise funds for fighting ovarian cancer; a disease she is currently receiving treatment for. Below is her request for donations


Ovarian cancer affects 1 in every 55 women. I'm one of those women: I was diagnosed last October and am still undergoing chemotherapy. Unfortunately, most women--including me--are not diagnosed until after the cancer has spread because awareness of this cancer is low and its symptoms are so vague, they "whisper."

That's why I've entered the 7th Annual Boston 5K Run for the Whisper and am looking for sponsors to support the National Ovarian Cancer Coalition's efforts to increase awareness that will lead to earlier detection and longer survival for women with ovarian cancer. I'm hoping that you'll help, too, by making a donation in whatever amount you can afford.

And think of me on September 11, when I'll be running!

Thanks,
C.

Follow This Link to visit my personal web page and help me in my efforts to support National Ovarian Cancer Coalition- Massachusetts Division

No comments: