Thursday, December 08, 2005

Behold my first Book Purse!

You can see more photos here. It's sloppy, lopsided and it won't hold much, but I had a great time making it and hopefully my subsequent attempts will be more successful. I've learned that I should really pay more attention to the thickness of the book, so as to ensure there will be more storage space when the purse is closed. This one will probably at most hold a cell phone, small money clip and a chapstick. I had a crazy idea that I would be able to get several of these done for xmas presents, but unless I stop requiring sleep sometime soon, then it ain't gonna happen.

11 comments:

Manda said...

Looks cool!!! I want one!!! one of the bigger ones, that is

Redpanda said...

It's gorgeous! Love it!!!

River Mom said...

Paige see if you can find REALLY BIG baby book to make mandas..she can use it as a diaper bag...heehee

Chloe said...

Very cool! I especially dig the bamboo handle.

You could try "War and Peace" for a larger capacity model...

Anonymous said...

Hmmm.. not a bad use for my 3rd edition Jansen's!
Suz

Aredubya said...

I tried to make a book purse out of Sean Hussey's Guide to Great Sex. Instead, I had to settle for a contact lens case.

Sean said...

Wow, Randy, that's so weird! All three of us attempting the same project!

I stopped at one, though. After we used your recently published 1,000,001 Ways To Clean A Catch Sock - Fifth Edition to haul out the 6 cubic yards of contaminated soil from our basement, that was enough for me.

Aredubya said...

For those unfamiliar with the term, hooray for Google. And yes, I'm using my own copy to cover the pool.

Paige said...

How to get from the innocent topic of making your own book purse to the not-so-innocent-topic of masturbation in 5 easy steps:
1. Write a post about making a book purse
2. Have a cousin like Randy
3. Have a friend like Sean
4. Wait 2 weeks, +/- 3 days
5. Voila!

Aredubya said...

Which step is "profit"?

KatieJoeandGrace said...

VERY COOL, congrats!