Wednesday, January 11, 2006

My Hubby's a Real Prize Winner

Can you guess the connection between the following three songs?

Play Your Own Kind of Music by Mama Cass
Island Girl by Elton John
Jumping Jack Flash by The Rolling Stones

(...)

If you guessed that all of these songs relate to the television show "Lost", then you are right...AND SO WAS THERON when he called up a local radio station to give his answer to their daily contest, "Three of a Kind"!!! He won lunch or dinner for two plus two tickets to a show. He was so blown away at having won that he wasn't paying attention to the details about which restaurant or what show but they'll be mailing the prize to us, so we'll find out then I guess. Have ourselves a real adult night out, just like we used to so very long ago...

(I'm just hoping that this doesn't take up all of our contest winning karma for this life because I'm still hoping for the big multi-million dollar windfall type of thing.)

8 comments:

River mom said...

WHOOPPIEEEE ANd I hope its a really NIFTY place to eat and a FANTASTIC SHOW!

Manda said...

Me too!! You guys deserve it!! I keep seeing ads on tv for a milk contest. Go online and enter in a new milk UPC and you are entered to win a free trip for to to the bahamas. If I won I'd give it to you guys and watch Sylvie while you were gone....Stock up on the breast milk for me!!!

It could happen

Aredubya said...

I guess it runs in the family. The Wife recently won some random call-in contest on the local easy listening station, and got a $50 gift certificate to Bob's Stores out of the deal. We didn't win the grand prize drawing of a ski weekend, which is likely a good thing, since I like my legs unbroken.

Chloe said...

Alayna listens to easy listening? What a geek! ;-)

Paige said...

It's nice to know that I'm not the only family member who is inept at winter sports, Randy...although I do have more of an excuse having spent a good portion of my life in less snowy climes than you. ;-)

Redpanda said...

I had never even heard the Mama Cass tune till I saw it in that episode of Lost, and now whenever I hear it all I can think of is what's-his-name doing all those calisthenics....

cheri getty said...

verrrrry cool.

Paige said...

Theron paid attention when the prize was announced for the next day's winner and if his is the same then the restaurant is a seafood place, Mccormick and Schmicks, and the tickets are to a movie theater. While not as chichi as a stage play tickets perhaps, since we haven't been out to see a movie in over a year, it's still pretty awesome in my book!