Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Mother's Day and a father's brush with mortality

First of all, let me start of by saying a belated "Happy Mother's Day!" to all of my fellow moms...most especially to my mom and Mom Wallis and to my about-to-be-a-mom sister, Manda.

Now on to the not so happy part of this year's Mother's day. To make a long story short:

my dad had chest pains
he went to the hospital
after some abnormal but inconclusive test results and another episode of chest pains, dad was transferred to another hospital
doctors there found a 90% blocked artery
dad had an angioplasty yesterday where they placed a stent to clear the blockage
thank-any-and-all-deities, all is now good

Dad was reeased from the hospital today but is supposed to follow up with the cardiologist on Friday. Since dad is should not drive for a little while and my mom is as phobic about driving on highways as I am of driving in the city, (it runs in the family), my wonderful, above-and-beyond-the-call-of-duty husband has offered to be the driver. Sylvie and I are going to tag along too so we can all reward my beloved husband by torturing him with Indigo Girls sing-a-longs...unless he claims a driver's right to control the stereo of course.

3 comments:

Brian said...

Big sigh of relief. Very glad to hear the good news. Uncle Donald Duck rides again.

Theron, there are worse things than Indigo Girls' singalongs. A 3-year-old's songs are cute, until you've heard Twinkle Twinkle/alphabet song for the 47th time, 1 hour into a 6-hour drive.

Ahh, satellite radio. You are my friend.

KatieJoeandGrace said...

Glad your dad is ok. Sing-a-longs sound fun! :-)

The Original Gomez said...

Happy B-lated Mom's day... we hope your Pop is feeling better.