Thursday, May 17, 2007

Help Theron (and Sylvie!) raise money for AIDS research

Dear Friends and Family:

I hope this letter finds you happy and healthy. I am writing to tell you about a challenge I have taken on and to ask for your help. On June 3, 2007 I will be walking with over 10,000 other people in the AIDS Walk Boston 2007, benefiting AIDS Action Committee.

In addition to committing my time and spirit for this event, I have committed to raising money for the 22nd AIDS Walk Boston that will go to the AIDS Action Committee of Massachusetts (AAC) to help provide needed services to people living with HIV/AIDS. AIDS Action provides housing/legal assistance; meals and social support; rent and utilities assistance, just to name a few. AAC is also involved in essential advocacy and policy efforts on current issues such as passing the statewide needle exchange legislation or increasing funds for HIV/AIDS services. These programs and services are in need of funds, and I hope to be able to generate some through my efforts and your generosity.

It is faster and easier than ever to support this great cause - you can make your donation online by simply visiting my personal walk page. When determining your donation amount please keep in mind the BIG commitment I have made.

Maybe making a donation on my behalf isn't for you? Maybe you'd like to join me as a participant! You can register on the website listed below as well as learn more about the event.

I hope that you'll support me in this effort. Check out the Walk online.

Thank you in advance for your generosity!

Sincerely,

theron wallis
To donate online, please click here.

(In case you were wondering why I'm not participating, it's because I'll be out of town that weekend visiting a friend)

No comments: